I attended the SLAY Festival with a few of my friends on the 21st of January 2017. I wasn’t enjoying the festival at the beginning but with the passing hours I got into the groove of it. The festival mini market provided a wide range of amazing products from food to drinks, decorative pieces, clothes and art pieces.
I have tired to put together the events of the day in the photos below. Enjoy!
A big thank you to Tjp and Bola for helping and Dami for her camera
This is a follow up to the series ”Her Version of Events”,I should clear up a few things, the events in these letters are totally made up. LoL!
You can catch up on the earlier letters below;
Her Version of Events 1
Her Version of Events 2
Enjoy!! I hope it doesn’t take me another nine months before I write the next Letter.
I had my first live show on Lifegiva Radio today. I never in a million years thought I will be an ”OAP”. For starters I talk too fast and I am very restless but, the team at Lifegiva believe in me and this gave me the courage to take up this role, I talk a little slower now but I don’t think there is a remedy for restlessness.
The show is ”About The Song”, I co-host with my friend Bola and it airs every Sunday from 4pm – 6pm. To find more about Lifegiva and the show you can check out there website: Lifegiva.com and turn-in to Lifegiva Radio
Enjoy candid moments from today’s show
This month’s playlist is very personal, it comes from a place of sweet sorrow, a place where your world is crumbling but you find constant joy in God and you don’t have a miute to dwell on all the things that are not going your way.
I believe the songs on this playlist are helping me in this season and I pray you can draw strength from these songs the way I am doing.
- Take Courage by Kristene Dimarco; my friend Demilade introduced me to this song and I have listened to it on repeat ever since. It is about the waiting period, God’s love in the waiting period.
- Good Good Father by Housefires; I heard this for the first time in November at the 2016 Night of Worship and this line from the song stuck with me ”You are a good good father that is who you are and I am loved by you that is who I am”. The line reminds me of God’s constant love for me.
- Build My Life by Housefires; I love every bit of this song and it lifts my spirit every time it comes up, I find myself praying one of the lines in the song ”I will build my life upon your love”, that God releases strength to me to build my life upon his love.
- Even when it hurts (Praise Song) by Hillsong.
With growth comes the knowledge that new year resolutions don’t work or maybe I just lack the discipline to follow through. Year in year out I set resolutions that I stick to for about a month and forget about, midway through the year I will remember and feel like crap for not sticking with it.
In the spirit of avoiding self-loathe I came up with a system that will help me stick to my goals. So I am sure you are wondering about my system, here is it; I set monthly goals which I further break down to weekly challenges and I try my best to remain realistic when setting the monthly goals.
I would love for you to come on this journey with me, a few of these goals I will fail at, fingers crossed to see how many but I am sure it will be an interesting journey.
- Finish reading ”Soldiers of Fortune”
- Read two new books
- Work on my ”Prayer Wall for 2017”; I realised a few years ago that you have to be deliberate with your Christian walk make an effort, work on your end of your relationship with God. There is nothing fancy about the ”Prayer Wall”, I just stick a piece of cardboard on a wall in my room write my prayer point on sticky notes and place them on it.
- Work on my ”Promise Jar”; this is a new exercise I plan to write out Bible text and put them in a glass jar so I can pick out one every morning and run with the text for the rest of the day.
- Explore new music, I believe it is about time I expand my playlist
- Plan a worship service.